Sports Premium Spend
Vision: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
Sports premium funding has been provided to ensure the delivery of the above vision. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long-lasting impact that will live on well beyond the Sports Premium funding. The academy will see an improvement in the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activities – kick-starting healthy lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the academy as a tool for whole-academy improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
In the Academic Year 2017-18, the academy received a total amount of £18,880 to facilitate this initiative (a separate Spend & Impact document is available on the website relating to this). The total allocation towards this was in excess of the funding received, so additional academy funds were directed towards it.
For the Academic Year 2018-19 the academy will receive a total of £18,880. A report on its impact will be published on the website by April 2019. If there are any questions relating to Sports Funding, please contact our Sports Coordinator (Mr Lee McGrath) at the academy.