* Layers are better at keeping children warm.
* A hat is a must in the colder months.
* Tights, pyjama bottoms or really long socks under trousers help keep out the cold.
* Scarves get in the way – a snood is better.
* Wellington boots need extra thick socks to keep feet warm or several pairs of thin socks.
* Waterproof trousers need to be worn at every session in the winter as they keep out the damp when children are kneeling, sitting on logs etc.
* Leggings should be avoided, as they are not very good at keeping out the cold.
* Please ensure that children’s clothing has their name on.
* We ask that a named bag big enough to keep all of the items in is supplied.